Hace 6 años | Por --7331-- a twitter.com
Publicado hace 6 años por --7331-- a twitter.com

El 6 de Mayo Theresa May anunció en Twitter "Si pierdo seis asientos habré perdido estas elecciones y Jeremy Corbyn se sentará a negociar (la salida del Reino Unido de la Unión) con Europa". Finalmente ha perdido 31 asientos, pero también ha olvidado su promesa al llegar un acuerdo con el DUP para gobernar. El diario The Guardian se lo recuerda en Twitter. Relacionada: Theresa May llega a un acuerdo con el DUP para formar gobierno
Hace 6 años | Por Riski a theguardian.com
Publicado hace 6 años por Riski
a theguardian.com

Theresa May ha llegado a un acuerdo con los unionistas demócratas que le permitirán formar un gobier [...]

Comentarios

Mr_Invisible

#3 TEXTO COMPLETO!!! Lo que has publicado tu y the Guardian es el titulo de twitter!!! Ni promesa ni ostias... Es un articulo de opinion para llamar a los votantes.
Aqui el twit:

Aqui el texto:
"If I lose just six seats I will lose this election, and Jeremy Corbyn will be sitting down to negotiate with the presidents, prime ministers and chancellors of Europe:
For anyone with any doubts about the importance of this election, the events of the past week should have put them to rest. With the publication of the Labour Party’s manifesto on Tuesday, and the launch of my own plan on Thursday, it is clearer than ever just how much is at stake.
Labour’s plan – with its fantastical promises and utopian vision – would drag this country back to the past. It would undo all the progress we have made, return us to the days when the trade unions held sway, and put our economic security at risk.
It is a despairing document from a divisive party, written and shaped by a leader who doesn’t understand – or like – our country.
Jeremy Corbyn has spent decades apologising for Britain. He accuses me of wanting to wrap myself in the Union Flag, as if that were a term of abuse. It’s little wonder that even traditional Labour voters look at what he believes in and are appalled.
He has disowned and rejected the core values of Labour’s most loyal supporters to put his own extreme ideological obsessions first. The prospect of him walking through the door of Number 10, flanked by John McDonnell and Diane Abbott and propped up by the Liberal Democrat and nationalist parties, should scare us all.
And make no mistake, it could happen. The cold hard fact is that if I lose just six seats I will lose this election, and Jeremy Corbyn will be sitting down to negotiate with the presidents, prime ministers and chancellors of Europe.
Yet with his manifesto this week, he has demonstrated that he is simply not up to the job of leading Britain through the critical years ahead.
Manifestos are a test of leadership. They force leaders to choose their priorities, reckon with great challenges and face up to difficult decisions.
Jeremy Corbyn has failed that test. His shambolic prospectus ducks all the difficult decisions we face as a country, threatening to bring chaos to Britain and selling future generations short.
I believe in being upfront and straight with people. We face some great challenges as a nation. How to make sure our economy stays strong; how we ensure Britain emerges from Brexit stronger, more united and more confident than ever before; how we overcome social divisions, spread opportunity and make Britain the world’s Great Meritocracy; how to restore the contract between generations, providing security for older people while being fair to the young; and how we seize the opportunities on offer in a digital world.
We cannot wish these challenges away. But with a government that steps up, shows leadership and takes the big, sometimes difficult decisions that are right for Britain in the long-term, we can see them as opportunities instead.
The Government I lead will be that active government. A mainstream government that delivers for mainstream Britain. We will leave the European Union and the single market, and take control of our borders, our money and our laws – because we respect the will of the British people and recognise that, however they voted, people just want us to get on with the job of delivering Brexit.
We will bring net migration down to sustainable levels to tens of thousands rather than hundreds of thousands – because when immigration is too fast and too high, it is difficult to build a cohesive society.
We will ensure taxes are low and money is targeted on the right priorities – because Conservatives know it is taxpayers’ money and we have a duty to spend it well.
And we will invest in the future to ensure each generation is able to do better than the last.
We will fund the new schools – including a new wave of selective schools – that will give young people the best start in life. We will invest in a new generation of technical institutions to give them the skills they need to succeed. We will build the homes required to help them get on the housing ladder. And we will continue to pay down our nation’s debts, because it is wrong to pass to future generations a bill you cannot or will not pay yourself.
The next five years will be critical for Britain. Our future prosperity, our place in the world, our economic security and the opportunities we want for our children – and our children’s children – all depend on getting the best Brexit deal for Britain.
That will require leadership from a prime minister who is strong enough to stand up for Britain, and a government that is stable enough to steer the country safely through the negotiations ahead.
With his manifesto this week, Jeremy Corbyn has shown he is simply not up to that task.
For that reason, and because of the chaos his plans would unleash on this country, I will redouble my efforts in the weeks to come to earn every vote. That will strengthen my hand when I negotiate in Europe and help me build a stronger, fairer, more prosperous Britain.
A country our children and grandchildren are proud to call home.

Mr_Invisible

#3 Basicamente, quedate con el final, y ponlo a continuación:
For that reason, and because of the chaos his plans would unleash on this country, I will redouble my efforts in the weeks to come to earn every vote. That will strengthen my hand when I negotiate in Europe and help me build a stronger, fairer, more prosperous Britain.
Y mira que odio a los Tories con toda mi alma, pero tambien aborrezco la trasgiversacion. Y esto es transgiversación, porque no ha prometido nada.

Mr_Invisible

Vaya transgiversación... La carta que escribió en facebook era un llamamiento a la votación, no una promesa. Y se podría traducir como:
"Sólo me hace falta perder 6 escanhos para que Corbyn se sienta como presidente, venid a votarme para que esto no ocurra".
Aquí lo que dijo al completo.
https://www.facebook.com/TheresaMayOfficial/posts/1737355726281193

D

#1 "If I lose just six seats I will lose this election and Jeremy Corbyn will be sitting down to negotiate with Europe."

"Si pierdo seis asientos, habré perdido estás elecciones y Jeremy Corbyn se sentará a negociar con Europa".

No hay otra traducción posible, en mi opinión y en la del diario más neutral del Reino Unido.

martins

#3 No ha perdido 6, ha perdido 13, entonces no rompe ninguna promesa. Prometió que dimitía si perdía 6, no 1, 5, 13 o 50.

D

Los políticos cosnervadores son iguales en todo el mundo. Gracias a dios.